Google Search

Google
 

Online store

banner

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Technical and non-technical losses

Long time enough that I had no time for updating this blog. I got new promotion in my job and it is not about technical matters any more. But I got chance to return to Bokeo Province, the place where I used to work on the data analyzing project for EDL. My friends there said EDL now has problem with energy losses including technical and non-technical losses.

Technical loss is from network and transformers but non-technical loss is from debt. EdL has a lot of debt from government buildings such as hospitals, ministries, radio.. They have no money to pay the bills for electricity.

EDL staff study a lot about losses, load flow and voltage drop to keep overall losses lower 13%. Their problem is they still don't know neither how much is technical nor non-technical energy losses.

No comments: